3 Cool DIYs from IKEA


I found a few IKEA DIY easter eggs last night as I perused their site.  Love when that happens don't you? Did you know there were such things there?  Maybe you did, but if you haven't (like me) I thought I'd share a few that struck a chord.


No. 1 - Dress up the MARIUS Stool
These stools are a steal at $7.99 (CAD) or $5.99 (US) - and check out the ideas they've got for them!  And super easy - just wrap (and then tie) some pretty fabric, yarn or my favourite, thick bakers twine through those handy holes and around the legs! Check out MARIUS.  Link to the idea here.



No. 2 - Mix Up the Storage
This is more of an idea but also a DIY in a sense.  But mixing up the storage to create a personal "look" is an easy way to stay organized and keeps everything you need in your workspace within arm's reach. Shown here: FÖRHÖJA $19.99 (CAD)and $14.99 (US) and ÄTRAN Lockable cabinet $29.99 (CAD & US).  Link to the idea here.



No. 3 - Decoupage a Table
This is the first one I found and loved what they did with this VIKA AMON table top $39 (CAD) for a teen's room.  Show off your favourite anime, band, or I'm thinking florals with a custom table top.  It takes scissors, glue, creativity and a whole lotta fun! Table legs VIKA LILLEBY $15 (CAD & US). Link to the idea here.

Those are just a few I came across last night but I'm sure there's a heap more. I've got a few scratched up LACK pieces that could use a bit of a facelift, so the decoupage could be perfect for them. Have you seen some worth mentioning?  I'd love to find more.

Jan Halvarson

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the decoupage table (: xo

Anonymous said...

that looks adorable! ;D i love the second version!

Jennifer said...

oh I love the storage idea!!

Mhairi said...

This is my favourite IKEA hack so far. With three obsessed LEGO people in the house and me who loves it too this is definitely one I think will be being made in our near future.
http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/how-to-build-a-lego-table/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TipsForMomsActivitiesForKidsByQuirkyMommas+%28Tips+for+Moms%2C+Activities+for+kids+by+Quirky+Mommas%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Danielle Hardy said...

I love it all!! Especially that desk! Thanks for the great post :)

Britni Wing said...

I may steal the decoupaged table idea. It's so fun and personal.

Jan Halvarson said...

Mhairi - that is cool - thanks for the link!

Jacaranda Designs Jewelry said...

I love the decoupage table project. I'm thinking of redecorating my teen's room and this would work so well!

Elisabeth said...

I am currently obsessed with Ikea DIYs and hacks. These are pretty cool !
I have a few of those stools, I just might dress them up :)

Ashley - sugarandcloth.com said...

Does is get any better than cheap and simple? Thanks for the ideas!

Zane said...

great ideas

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

LOVE these ideas. not that I neeeed another reason to go to my ikea.. ;) but these are smart!

Unknown said...

i love the stools =)

Unknown said...

Love the color of the wall in your Mix Up the Storage picture. Do you recall the name and brand of paint?

Jan Halvarson said...

Carol - it's not my wall s sorry no.