Inspriation: Holiday Decor - Foraging Your Backyard


The other day I drove by a neighbors who had left a cut small evergreen in their front driveway for pickup and I had the urge to stop and forage through it to see what could be used for decorating for the holidays. Then I came across this article in Sunset Magazine offering up ideas to do just that, decorating your house for the holidays by foraging in your own backyard. The projects were done by Studio Choo, produced by Miranda Jones and photographed by Thomas J. Story. I love their use of adding succulents (like we saw from Flora Grubb recently), and other items suggested bamboo, berries, cactus, chestnuts, dried chilli peppers, eucalyptus, heather, pinecones, etc. Now I'm kicking myself for not stopping when I saw those. I love these! (See more of their ideas online here).


Jan Halvarson

8 comments:

Ali Rockwell said...

You always have the greatest succulent pictures!!!

I LOOOOOVE that log with the succulents in it. So awesome...

Cassie said...

Wonderful. This looks like a great weekend project...if I only get rid of the rest of the weekend to-dos!

silentai. said...

awesome!
i love succulents!



http://www.etsy.com/shop/kokoroHI

Urban Gardens said...

Love this post! So happy to come across your lovely blog and shop. Why have I missed you till now? BTW, love the cake stands!

Urban Gardens said...

Love this post! So happy to come across your wonderful blog and shop. Really like those wood cake stands...

♥ A. said...

Beautiful Christmas tree.

Anonymous said...

There's a Christmas tree seller by my house that has a big pile of cut branches and things from when they trim down a tree from a customer which is exactly what I was looking for. So I talked to the owner and got him to just give me some. Maybe you could try that?

AJ said...

So pretty! I guess I'll have to make my little succulent a feature in my decor :)